Our global Law Firm client is seeking to recruit experienced Business Development Managers partner with practice leadership and support business development and strategic marketing objectives. Candidates will have experience in one or more of the following practice areas: Project/Infrastructure Finance, Litigation, Energy, Capital Markets, Financial Restructuring, Real Estate or Latin America.
- Partner with practice leadership to develop and execute strategic marketing, client development and business development plans focused on revenue growth across the assigned practice group
- Develop and execute strategic plans for individual attorneys, partners, practice groups, client teams, and industry groups across (US and International)
- Analyze and report on progress of all marketing objectives
- Provide hands-on marketing and business development leadership and execution support
- Work with colleagues and key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and administer events, speaking engagements, sponsorship and thought leadership initiatives
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence Group to obtain and analyze client, prospective client and market research to identify business development opportunities and competitive advantages
- Manage the preparation of marketing collateral, pitch materials and assist the proposal team with RFP preparation
- Oversee the creation and distribution of marketing collateral and thought leadership pieces
- Consult with internal communications team with the award submission process as necessary
- Oversee department database updates, practice and subject matter descriptions, website, biographies, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience business development, client development or strategic marketing experience
- Experience at a large global law firm strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following practice areas: Project/Infrastructure Finance, Litigation, Energy, Capital Markets, Financial Restructuring, Real Estate or Latin America
- Confident and highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proven experience supporting partners and attorneys with strategic planning and execution
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to process and summarize complex information required
- Demonstrated ability to execute and achieve measurable results
- Excellent communication, writing, editing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a high pressure and often stressful corporate environment
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Resourceful and driven attitude with a “can do” attitude
- Willingness to work overtime, including occasional weekends required
- Domestic travel, although infrequent, may be required
- JD or prior law practice experience a plus