Our Distressed Hedge Fund client is seeking to recruit a two (2) entry-level Sales Associates to source, purchase and assist with trading secured & unsecured distressed and insolvent investment opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in a buy side sales and client marketing opportunity.
- Identify, source, purchase and trade various high-risk fixed income investment products
- Negotiate with creditors to secure purchase of high-risk fixed income products such as bankruptcy trade payables, defaulted bonds, loan pools, private placement instruments, etc.
- Work closely with the firm’s Investment Analysts, Traders and Senior Management to identify investment opportunities and strategically execute the purchase of debt securities
- Assist with transaction execution, due diligence, and closing
- Conduct research on debtors and creditors to assist in developing market intelligence and short-term / long-term marketing strategies
- Market and trade the firm’s products and through heavy telephone work and client interaction
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing
- 1 year of sales / marketing experience preferred
- Recent graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and a strong interest in a direct sales career are encouraged to apply
- Must be passionate about selling, client interaction and account management
- Motivated and highly competitive
- Street smart, tenacious, aggressive, thick skinned
- Interest in working in the distressed securities and bankruptcy/restructuring industry
- Former collegiate athletes encouraged to apply