Our AM Law 25 client is seeking to recruit a Practice Business Development Manager to design and execute business development, strategic marketing and client development plans across the firm’s litigtation practice groups.
- Design and execute strategic marketing, client development and business development plans focused on revenue growth across the firm’s litigation practice groups
- Develop and execute strategic plans for individual attorneys, partners, practice groups, client teams, and industry groups across the US
- Analyze and report on progress of all marketing objectives
- Provide hands-on marketing and business development leadership and execution support
- Work with colleagues and key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and administer events, speaking engagements, sponsorship and thought leadership initiatives
- Work closely withe the Business Intelligence Group to obtain and analyze client, prospective client and market research to identify business development opportunities and competitive advantages
- Manage the preparation of marketing collateral, pitch materials and assist the proposal team with RFP preparation
- Oversee the creation and distribution of marketing collateral and thought leadership pieces
- Consult with internal communications team with the award submission process as necessary
- Oversee department database updates, practice and subject matter descriptions, website, biographies, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience strategic marketing or business development experience at a large global law firm or professional services organization
- Demonstrated experience supporting litigation practice areas
- Regulatory litigation and/or cybersecurity practice experience preferred
- Supervise a practice marketing specialist
- Confident and highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proven experience supporting partners and attorneys with strategic planning and execution
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to process and summarize complex information required
- Demonstrated ability to execute and achieve measurable results
- Excellent communication, writing, editing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a high pressure and often stressful corporate environment
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Resourceful and driven attitude with a “can do” attitude
- Willingness to work overtime, including occasional weekends required
- Domestic travel, although infrequent, may be required
- JD or prior law practice experience a plus