Our Hedge Fund client is seeking to recruit a Sourcing Analyst to join their business development/origination team. You will source, negotiate, acquire and trade secured & unsecured distressed debt instruments.
- Identify, source, acquire and trade various high-risk fixed income investment products
- Negotiate with creditors to acquire high-risk fixed income products such as bankruptcy trade payables, defaulted bonds, loan pools, private placement instruments, etc.
- Work closely with the firm’s Investment Analysts, Senior Traders and Partners to identify investment opportunities and strategically execute the purchase of debt securities
- Assist with transaction execution, due diligence, and closing
- Conduct research on debtors and creditors to assist in developing market intelligence and short-term / long-term marketing strategies
- Market and trade the firm’s products and through heavy telephone work and client interaction
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing
- 1 year of sales / marketing experience OR recent undergraduates with a degree in marketing and a strong interest in a sales career
- Must be passionate about selling, client interaction and account management
- Motivated and highly competitive
- Street smart, tenacious, aggressive, thick skinned
- Interest in working in the distressed securities and bankruptcy/restructuring industry
- Former collegiate athletes encouraged to apply