Our AM Law 20 client is seeking to recruit a Business Marketing Manager with demonstrated California based legal marketing and business development experience to provide hands-on business development planning, execution and strategic advice to Los Angeles and Silicon Valley based partners across multiple practice groups. The primary practice focus will be private equity, business and financial transactions and complex litigation.
- Lead business development planning, execution and strategic advisory initiatives primarily focused on supporting California based partners across multiple practice groups
- Develop and execute strategic plans for individual attorneys, partners, practice groups, client teams, and industry groups in Los Angeles and Silicon Valley
- Analyze and report on progress of all marketing objectives
- Provide hands-on marketing and business development leadership and execution support
- Work with colleagues and key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and administer events, speaking engagements, sponsorship and thought leadership initiatives
- Work closely withe the Business Intelligence Group to obtain and analyze client, prospective client and market research to identify business development opportunities and competitive advantages
- Manage the preparation of marketing collateral, pitch materials and assist the proposal team with RFP preparation
- Oversee the creation and distribution of marketing collateral and thought leadership pieces
- Consult with internal communications team with the award submission process as necessary
- Oversee department database updates, practice and subject matter descriptions, website, biographies, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience at a top-tier international law firm providing legal business development, strategic planning and marketing advise and execution at the partner level
- Broad knowledge of the California legal landscape
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple practice areas
- Confident and highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proven experience supporting partners and attorneys with strategic planning and execution
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to process and summarize complex information required
- Demonstrated ability to execute and achieve measurable results
- Excellent communication, writing, editing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a high pressure and often stressful corporate environment
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Resourceful and driven attitude with a “can do” attitude
- Willingness to work overtime, including occasional weekends required
- Domestic travel, although infrequent, may be required